With God's help we are Mission Presbytery...
•Building together healthy congregations and trusting relationships (Eph 2:22),
with one another in what we do better together
(Phil 1:5) and
•Sending disciples in witness and service (Matt 25:31-46 & Matt 28:18-20)
We are Mission Presbytery, serving Christ in the world.
- In the Reformed Tradition, together we
- Establish and equip congregations and sessions to carry out their missions;
- Recruit, receive, ordain develop, and care to those called to service in the church;
- Enable mission and witness to the Gospel that congregations cannot accomplish alone; and
- Steward our resources faithfully and generously.
- We are better together.
Just exactly what is
a presbytery?" That is a question often asked by members of
congregations. There is really no simple answer to that question,
for a presbytery is many things:
- It is a connectional body of churches and minister (teaching elder) members in a geographic area. Mission Presbytery consists of 138 churches and fellowships in South Central Texas. Geographically this is an area that stretches from the Rio Grande Valley to
Del Rio, into the Hill Country as far north as Adamsville, southeast to Collegeport, south to Brownsville and places in between, including Austin, San Antonio, Victoria, and Corpus Christi. The population of Mission Presbytery includes over 300 Teaching Elders and approximately 23,425 lay members.
- It is a governing
body with responsibilities for oversight of its teaching elders and
- It is a community
of Presbyterian churches engaged in ministry and mission for our
With 138 worshipping communities
and over 300 teaching elders, not many of us can claim to know
everyone in the presbytery. The hope of this web page to enable us
to have more of a sense of being the Church together.
List of Churches by General Council Regions
Mission Presbytery • 7201 Broadway San Antonio TX 78209 • (210) 826 3296 or (800) 683 9999
Email the Webmaster